ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS!
Elsie Johnson School Traffic Regulations
Illinois Law Prohibits the Use of Cell Phones in School Zones
Please remember these rules when picking up or dropping off students in the front driveway. They have been developed to insure the safety of children and parents.
1. Stay in your vehicle …This is a drive-through pick-up and drop-off zone only! It is also a no idling zone. Turn your engine off while waiting for the 8:50 or 3:30 bells.
2. Do NOT double park…This is extremely unsafe. Cars that double park will be directed to the end of the line on Windjammer.
3. Children will only be allowed to get in and out of your vehicle on the curb side.
4. Stay in a single file line…Cars should move forward as spaces become available allowing traffic to fill in from the rear of the line. Children will be escorted to your car when you pull up to the pick-up/drop-off zone. Do NOT pull out and around a car that is in the line up.
5. If you are the first vehicle, pull up to the end of the yellow curb. Do not park along the curve of the driveway.
6. If the driveway is full, cars should line up along Windjammer. Cars will be allowed to enter as space becomes available. This is especially important in inclement weather. Windjammer is the first street east of the school.
7. Some parents choose to escort their children from or to their car. Park on a side street and use a crosswalk. Parents and children will not be allowed to cross the driveway. Crossing guards are located in two spots: Nautilus and Clipper, and Nautilus and the entrance to the east driveway.
8. Ten minute parking spaces in the front parking area are not to be used for after school pick-up or morning drop-off.
9. No cars will be allowed to leave the rear parking lot while buses are loading.
Thank you for your cooperation in making arrival and dismissal a safe experience for all children!
10 Minute Parking Space Information: Two ten minute spaces are available in front of the school for quick pick up of students who may be ill or have to leave school during the day. These spaces are also available for a quick drop off of those forgotten items such as lunches or homework. Do not use these spaces during arrival & dismissal as you will not be allowed to cross the driveway.